12.2.16

two roads

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost-
Today, I'm confronted with two big decisions. You see, something happened recently which totally messed up my life. God decided to turn the tables and clean up my filthy heart, and oh man, is it dirty and cluttered in here. I'm not sure how it happened, but something someone said some time ago really hit hard. Because this someone revealed to me my pride, my evil, my filth, and my ungratefulness.

Oh boy, it was hard accepting whatever she said. I mulled over the words, but the more I thought about it, the more infuriated I became. Who was she to judge me? Who was she to tell me how I'm horrible or not good enough? And then the dust and the dirt slowly built up in my heart, blocking away any good or any light that I had.

It collected-the dust did-over a couple of days, or a few weeks, or maybe even months. It was so quiet though, because cleaning up makes noise, but when dirt collects, it comes in subtly and silently. And then today, it was as if God said "That's enough." And when God says that, you're not talking about a one hour devotion or a five minutes prayer to clean up the dirt, you're talking about weeks, months of spring cleaning. 

So today. Two doors, two roads, two decisions face me. One of the roads looks trodden and popular, because that is the door that says "EASY WAY." The way that makes me a god, a master, and allows me to do all the evil I want to do. The other road looks "less traveled by." Because the road is rocky, the path is narrow, and the sun beats down uncomfortably upon the path, without any tree to shade a traveller. 

And I'm scared. I feel like screaming, like crying out for anyone to hear me. Because I can no longer see myself, all I see is dirt and filth. It's painful, as if I lost my own identity and my own soul.

“In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.” 
-Psalm 138:3-

The only thing I find myself doing now is clinging onto His promises. Because with my own strength, I am nothing, but with His strength, wow. Just WOW. It's amazing what He can do through such a sinner. 

So there are two roads. I am going to take a deep breath, stretch out my already sore limbs, reach in and hold onto His promises like I'm hanging for my life, and take the one less traveled by. 

Because I think that will make all the difference. 

16 comments:

  1. WHOA.
    Your words could not be more true. It is so hard to choose the path that is less traveled by and release our reins so we can let God take control. I'll be praying for you! It will not be an easy road to take but like you said, it will make all the difference. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your so true and so kind words, eve<3 you have no idea how much I appreciate it. love ya.

      Delete
  2. It is amazing. It is so hard to let God break us, but it is necessary. Satan is so subtle and it is easy to let him take control, but stand strong in the Lord! He is strong, and He will not let you fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I cannot agree with you more, maggie. your encouragement makes my heart so full of hope, thankfulness, and love<3

      Delete
  3. Really on point. This was great to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, I love how real and honest this is. Thank you for being so raw and vulnerable!
    Prayers going out for you, I totally understand what you are going through :)
    Beautifully worded, and I especially love how you incorporated that poem into this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you made me smile today, darling♥ thanks for the encouragement and awfully sweet comment!

      Delete
  5. WOW I love this so much! You are speaking my heart right here Nameless Writer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is amazing and so true.

    trust in the lord. good luck dear xx

    i love the poem by robert frost, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, I will. thank you so much for the comment emily<3 your writings and your comments always make me smile♥

      Delete
  7. Wow, thanks for sharing your struggles and resolve (and so eloquently, and powerfully too). I can relate, because decisions miss no one. Keep holding on, and "he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ."

    And that Bible verse in Psalms- I think it's my favourite already. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, your words ring so true in my heart. thank you for your comment and prayer sweetheart<3

      Delete
  8. This is just... yes. There's so much bad out there and sometimes it's hard to resist the temptations, but I love the emphasize on holding onto God. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT??!? yes and amen let's keeping holding onto the Strong Foundation. thanks dear♥

      Delete