10.2.16

slipping away



he knew that he was close to the end. he could feel it in the way his eyes slowly slipped into complete darkness. in the way his body slowly slumped with paralyzing fatigue. in the way his breathing became slower and heavier with every breath.

but every time he felt himself ebbing away, he saw her. she wore a light green dress, her hands tightly hugging her new born girl-their new born girl. she pulled him and kept him going. one step. and then another, and another.

but slowly her face faded away, her laughter getting softer after every painful step. and he knew that he wouldn't make it. he wouldn't make it back in time for her first birthday, wouldn't be there for his baby girl. 

and slowly-oh, so so slowly- he allowed himself slip away from the pains of earth and gaze upon the glorious face of God.

-

((spoiler alert)) I watched the movie everest and I balled my eyes out in the scene of rob's death. I'm not one to literally weep over a movie, but oh my, this movie really got me (or maybe it was the vibe that came along with watching movies at 2am heh). hope you guys are having an amazing week<3 
*photos credits from around the internet

14 comments:

  1. this was beautiful and heartbreaking. amazing writing though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hello, new fan of your blog here. I am looking for new blogs to follow and your is for sure one I like. This is also really beautiful... Lovely and well worded.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vanessa (!!) THANK YOU so much for your kind words♥

      Delete
  3. heart. wrenching.

    but i loved it anyway darling.

    xx
    emily | lost

    ReplyDelete
  4. u kiddin me. this is so sad and so good. like. dude. you're tearing my heart to pieces. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. hAHAH. that was my reaction after writing this piece, really. ♥ thanks for the comment, hon. you're the bomb.

      Delete