17.1.16

letting Him


t e r r i f i e d

He says, "don't be afraid.
your sins has been paid
with this crimson cleansing fountain."

but i can't see over my mountain 
of fear. 

He says, "I love you;
I love you through and through,
I love your failure and your doubt."

but i can't reach, can't wash out
my pain.


l o v e d

but i forget that i don't need to reach out,
i don't need to climb over,
i don't need to tiptoe,
i don't need to strain
alone.

i have to be willing to let Him-
let Him pull me out,
let Him carry me,
let Him be my guide,
let Him save me.

because my fears are chased away with His perfect love. 

--
i got some inspiration of this poem from adelaide's beautiful blog down by the willows. check it out-it's worth every bit of your time. 

also can you believe it! it's almost end of january. how's your 2016 been looking?
photos all from tumblr. :)

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous.

    Also, Addy. :-D

    And I cannot believe January's almost over. Like, what????

    But 2016 has been treating me well. You?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're fabulous, hannah babe ♥ 2016 has been pretty smooth! glad to hear that this year been going well with you :)

      Delete
  2. mm, baby. SING IT. i love this. (also kudos to you. addy is the best. i love her.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *inserts a million heart-shape emoticons* thanks for the comment cally<3<3

      Delete
  3. This is simple awesome
    I liked the pic ... Takes me to an other world
    http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.in/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you're such a darling. thank you for your sweet comment, shilpa darling♥
      ps: checking out your blog right now!

      Delete
  4. HAHAHA, before I read what you actually said at the bottom, I read, "I got some inspiration of this poem from Adele's beautiful song, down by The willows." And I was like, "whoa, Adele has a song by the same name as that blog?"

    Also I love this post. I need these words right now. I have been struggling a LOT the last few days with fully surrendering to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah! on that note though, i LOVE adele soo much♥♥ i'm so happy this post encouraged you<3

      Delete